Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Cleaning Time

I am in the midst of a re-org of my craft room. I got inspired when helping my friend Brenda get ready for a garage sale.  She and I went through her whole craft room and sorted through paper, ink pads, stamps, etc. She got rid of quite a bit of stuff.  That is hard, letting go of our stuff, isn't it.  But, I knew it was time.  I have been wanting to reorganize for quite some time so slowly I am getting through it.

I started with just sorting through all my paper and cardstock, sorting and purging.  It felt pretty good.  I then cleaned out the closet of my craft room and made a lot of headway.  The biggest accomplishment was taking all my Stampin Up stamps out of the clam shells and organizing them by category.  I used some containers from Wal-Mart.  I will post a picture later.  Another tip my friend Brenda gave me.  LOVE it! I can now actually find things.  I categorized them:

Girly Stuff
Men Stuff
Flowers
Leaves and Trees
Christmas
Miscellaneous
Simple Salutations
Animals and Insects
People
Religious

I then have a plastic container that is stackable and I put a lot of my salutations in there and labeled them:

Happy Birthday
Thank You and Thinking of You
Get Well and Sympathy
Friend
Miscellaneous

The next step is to stamp the contents of each container on to a white sheet of card stock and index them in a binder.  But first I have to finish the rest of my room.  My table is full of stuff from sorting so of course there is no creations going on there.  I am going to start on sorting and cleaning the table shortly.  I will take pictures and post them when I am done.

If you have purged or done a reorganization of your craft room and have any tips, please share them. Thanks.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate any and all comments.
Cricket