Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Things are Progessing Well

I went back to the doctor last week and the retainer which was wired into my mouth was removed.  Yeah!  That felt good.  I now have one that can be taken in and out to brush my teeth better and freshen up.  That feels wonderful.  I cannot, however, leave the retainer out.  I have to put it back in immediately after brushing my teeth because as the tumor site heals it shrinks.  So in about 2 months I will get yet another retainer which will be smaller.  I can then leave it out for awhile if I want.

I also find out next week whether or not I need radiation.  I guess the cancer got into the bone but when the surgeon removed the tumor he actually got all of it so the margins are zero.  There is a tumor board of about 20 doctors that meet and they were split 50/50 on whether I need the radiation so now I have to meet with a doctor next week to see what my options are.

Please send positive thoughts and prayers. 

Thank you, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate any and all comments.
Cricket